Reliance Jio 4G phone is available for booking starting today 5:30 pm onwards for a price of Rs 500
Reliance Jio 4G phone: At the Reliance Industries’ 40th Annual General Meeting, company’s chairman Mukesh Ambani had announced that interested consumers will be able to book Reliance Jio 4G phone on August 24 at an “effective” price of Rs 0. The company had announced that a refundable security deposit of Rs 1,500 will be taken for the device to stop misuse. The deposit will be refunded after three years.
1. Consumers can book the phone either online — jio.com and MyJio mobile application — or offline Jio retailers, multi-brand device retailers and Reliance Digital stores.
2. You can book the phone by paying Rs 500 on the first-come-first-serve basis. The remaining Rs 1,000 can be paid at the time of delivery. Customers can get a full-refund of the security deposit of Rs 1,500 by returning the used JioPhone after three years.
3. The payment for phone booking can be made through UPI, credit card, debit card and net banking.
4: You can track the status of the booked phones through the “My bookings” button. You have to enter the mobile number and delivery PIN code. Once this is done, you can tap on the “Proceed” button.
5. After payment of booking amount, you will get a pop up of confirmation and an SMS will also be sent to the registered mobile number indicating that your Reliance Jio 4G phone has been booked.
6. Jio today also posted a 5-point checklist for booking the phone.
The phone runs on VoLTE network and comes preloaded with all Jio applications like Jio Cinema, Jio Music. Here are some of the key features of the phone:
1) Alpha numeric keypad; 2.4 inch QVGA display
2) FM radio; Headphone jack; Torch light
3) SD card slot; Battery with charger
4) Four way navigation system; Phone contact book
5) Call history facility; Jio apps
9) Microphone and speaker
The device has digital assistant along with the support for voice commands and supports 24 Indian languages.Reliance says that users can long press on the ‘5’ key to directly call their near and dear ones. Furthermore, the company will bring NFC feature on Jio-branded phones as well later this year. The feature will arrive as part of a software update.